Building a Brighter Future
Who we are
Farley Big Local is one of 150 areas up and down the UK to be allocated £1m of Lottery Funding to make a lasting positive difference to its area and for the people who live in it.
Farley Big Local is run by the Partnership – a group of residents and partners from the Big Local area, who together are responsible for guiding the overall direction of the Big local area.
The Big Local Plan
The Big Local Plan describes the priorities for the area and how we will work towards achieving them and making the area an even better place to live.
The Partnership meet every 5/6 weeks to steer the project and hold a public meeting, attend local events and activities regularly where we share updates, continue the discussion around the Big Local conversation and ask for feedback and ideas from the local community to help make sure the projects stay relevant to the local area.
Our Big Local aims to bring together all the talent, ambitions, skills and energy from individuals, groups and organisations who want to make this area an even better place to live.
Please click here to see the Big Local Plan »
Our values are the foundation to everything we do:
- We are honest, fair and transparent in our dealings
- We will ensure that barriers to inclusion are reduced
- We will deal with conflict in a fair manner
- We will work with other organisations and individuals seeking to address similar needs
Our Guiding Principles
- We are open, honest and fair in all our dealings
- We will listen to and consult with our community
- We are accountable to our community
- We will co-operate with likeminded individuals and organisations for the benefit of the community
- We will support projects that are sustainable, environmentally sound and have maximum impact for the residents of Farley Hill
- We believe in the ‘sticky pound’ and want to support enterprise which works for the benefit of the community
Our Vision remains
‘In 10 years, Farley Hill will be an improved, safer community with more opportunities and facilities. Farley Hill will be community-led with a healthier and more qualified community’
We work with Age Concern Luton, a charity which works across Luton, that supports us to put our plans into practice. They are the Locally Trusted Organisation that hold and distributes our funding in line with the decisions of the partnership.
The Partnerships focus beyond 2020 will be centred on enhancing the following:
- Bringing Community Together
- Parks, Green & Outdoor Spaces
- Social Enterprise, Learning & Employment
- A Safe Place to Live, Work & Play
Our Vision for 2026 & Beyond
Farley Hill will be an improved, safer community with more opportunities and facilities. Farley Hill will be community-led with a healthier and more qualified community.
Farley in 2026 will be an area with access to more high-quality green and open spaces for residents, families and the wider community to play, socialise and continue to make local connections and friendships. Farley will have strengthened community infrastructure, stronger community organisations and local delivery of activities and events. Farley will have a community which is informed about opportunities for training, employment and skills development locally and across Luton.
In 2026 we will have established Neighbourhood Watch across the area and have a range of activities, a community that feels safe living, working and playing in Farley.
Join the Conversation
This endpoint has been retired